Your valuable support is essential to help the HUGE partnership achieve the following objectives:
- To advance the education of students of all ages at the Nabugabo Community Learning centre in Nabugabo by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for education at the Learning Centre.
- To promote education in Nabugabo, Bukakata sub-county, Masaka District, Uganda, and further afield to increase the knowledge and abilities of all students.
- To develop the individual capabilities, skills and understanding for the benefit of the inhabitants of Nabugabo and the surrounding area.
- To work with local medical bodies to relieve sickness and to preserve the health of patients in Nabugabo by providing and assisting in the provision of equipment, facilities and services.
- The relief of sickness and the preservation of health among the people residing permanently or temporarily in Nabugabo and the surrounding area.
- To promote sustainable development (Sustainable development means ‘development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) for the beenfits of the inhabitants of Nabugabo and the surrounding area by:
a) assisting in the relief of poverty and the improvement of the conditions of life in socially and economically disadvantaged communities;
b) promoting sustainable means of achieveing economic growth and regeneration;
c) the provision of a sustainable, accountable, scalable and inclusive model for education which may be replicated thoughout Uganda and East Africa;
d) the development of dynamic, responsible and innovative communities which ensure self-sustainable livelihoods and safeguard the natural environment;
e) developing individual capabilitis, skills and understanding in order to streghten the capacity of communities to help generate broad-based improvements in education, health care, work opportunities and land/lake management by stimulating informed, active participation in positive sustainable development projects; and
f) the preservation of the natural environment within the Lake Nabugabo Ramsar site.
- To promote such other charitable purposes as may, from time to time, be determined.